Monday, December 22, 2008

Reverse Gear

Things do take a strange turn. Recently a strange kind off nostalgia kicked in and I tried my hand at my old bicycle which was once the pride of my eye. All this after I was fighting with mom for the last 5 years that I want to keep it inspite of it being of no use. So I started off with dusting it which took hell a lot of time. Then I saw that the air pressure in the tires was tending to zero [I still remember the limits chapter]. So my next place was the air refueling station. That too done, so when I finally rode it, I realized something was wrong. The bell which used to be my only source of warning others that, “hey don’t come in my way if you care for your life”, was not working. With a chink in my armour, I went on. Then I realized that something else also wasn’t working. Great. The brakes were of no use. So I was going on knowing that the only resort for me when coming face to face with trouble was either to rub off my shoe’s soles by grounding on the tarmac or jump off. But I had a better idea, I took a U turn and went back to my home. Will surely think 10 times before next time nostalgia kicks in.

No comments: