Saturday, January 17, 2009

Childhood Innocence

A month of holidays and when the first day of college which arrived, to which I had prepared myself quite reluctantly, I was told to stay home to babysit a 10 year old cousin of mine. You can laugh as loud as you can on my predicament. The very first question he asked me was, what is the meaning of F**K. The first reaction that came from my side was WTF. Thanfully it wasn’t loud enough for him to hear this. With a very innocent face he told me that neither of his mom or dad told him what this meant. On asking where he got to know of this, he said that this was a common thing in his class and was often found written on the school walls. Finding myself largely unwilling to divulge the details, I promised him not to go after this word but am sure that this would have increased his curiosity and the day he finds about it which I doubt isn’t quite far, he will have the largest smile. We say things just like that and don’t even mean them but seeing from his side, I find myself guilty of this crime. The feeling is indeed of WTF. Oops, sorry I said it again.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too had such queries in those days and no one helped me too so i guess he too has to figure it out himself.

Dan* said...

in my college u dont need to go :D no 1 ask :D its a govt college ....hehe

akd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
akd said...

hmmmm.....

I was the bad boy in my section....I knew first and used first !!!!

Anonymous said...

Lol that was F***ing good!

Sushant said...

Quite hilarious..I am just wondering what would have I answered ...

Sushant

monalisa said...

lol :P

u shouldn't have kept him in ignorance...

and should
have warned him upfront not to use such words

my li'l sis asks questions on the similar lines..and i keep wondering like u do

here's mine
i've written a story
pls read and comment
http://www.aparna-lifetakes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

that is really funny..